Thursday, April 27, 2006
Beginning
Well here it is, my first post.
I don't know exactly what to write. I feel so torn between hopeful at all the possibilities that are out there now for treating autism, and frustrated at our lack of ability to pay for them.
Medicaid continues to give us the run around. Insurance doesn't cover most of what we want to do. It isn't Molly's fault that she was born to parents with no extra money.
She has come so far. She's in Kindergarten, which I often can't believe. She'll be in first grade in the fall, which is even harder for me to believe.
But I just feel that she could be doing so much better. There is so much more that we could be doing to treat her underlying health issues. It shouldn't be this hard.
More later..
I don't know exactly what to write. I feel so torn between hopeful at all the possibilities that are out there now for treating autism, and frustrated at our lack of ability to pay for them.
Medicaid continues to give us the run around. Insurance doesn't cover most of what we want to do. It isn't Molly's fault that she was born to parents with no extra money.
She has come so far. She's in Kindergarten, which I often can't believe. She'll be in first grade in the fall, which is even harder for me to believe.
But I just feel that she could be doing so much better. There is so much more that we could be doing to treat her underlying health issues. It shouldn't be this hard.
More later..
Comments:
<< Home
I totally understand what you're going through. Our son was just diagnosed at age 1 1/2 with the same level of autism and we are currently looking at options for treatment. The most important things are these: Make sure she is happy and that you are happy with her, and know that the help will come. Our country, no matter how powerful it is, is often slow to recognize and adjust to internal issues. The passing of the Autism Awarenss Bill in Congress could mean a lot more support coming down the pipe for kids like Molly and my Benjamin. I have faith that this epidemic (1 in 100 is an epidemic in my book!) will be aided greatly in the next few years. Happy Holidays to you if youread this!
Post a Comment
<< Home
